- This event has passed. Learn more about this event in our Go4Life Tooklit
Go4Life: An Evidence Based Campaign to Promote Regular Exercise and Physical Activity Among Older Adults
HOSTED BY THE NATIONAL RESOURCE CENTER ON NUTRITION & AGING
This webinar will provide an overview of the National Institute on Aging’s Go4Life® campaign, focusing on the educational, instructional, and motivational tools it uses to encourage adults 50+ to make exercise and physical activity a part of their daily lives. The webinar will also include data and video from recent pilot tests of a new Go4Life workshop in which participants are motivated to become more physically active by personalizing the connection between regular exercise and staying independent.
After participating in this webinar, you can expect to:
- Be familiar with the National Institute on Aging’s Go4Life exercise and physical activity campaign for older adults and its evidence-based educational, instructional, and motivational components;
- Be able to name the 4 types of exercises older adults should regularly engage in;
- Understand some of the barriers to exercise older adults face and learn about current and future ways to Go4Life can help address some of those barriers; and
- Know about — and be able to access– the range of free materials and information available from Go4Life.
Presenter: Stephanie Dailey, Senior Public Affairs Specialist at the National Institute on Aging (NIA)
Date: August 9, 2017
Time: 3:30pm ET
Registration Fee: FREE