- This event has passed.
Initial Findings from the Nutrition Services Program Outcomes Evaluation
Hosted by the National Resource Center of Nutrition and Aging
The Title III-C Nutrition Services Program (NSP), administered by the Administration on Aging (AoA) within the Administration for Community Living (ACL) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under the Older Americans Act (OAA), represents a key component of America’s strategy for ensuring that the health and social needs of older adults are adequately met. By promoting access to nutritious meals, facilitating social contact, supporting family caregivers, and helping older adults maintain their dignity in their homes and communities, the NSP fits squarely within the strategic goals of the AoA to rebalance long-term care provision away from institutionalization and toward home- and community-based services.
The objectives of the Title III-C NSP outcomes evaluation were (1) to describe NSP participants’ demographic and household characteristics, health status, mobility, eating behaviors, diet quality, food security, socialization, and other characteristics, as well as program participants’ experiences with and impressions of the program and their valuation of meals and supportive services received through the program and (2) to determine the impact of NSP meals and related services on participants’ nutrition, food security, diet quality, and overall wellness and well-being by comparing outcomes for NSP participants and nonparticipants. [59 minutes and 52 seconds]
- Participants will learn about the importance of evaluating OAA programs.
- Participants will understand the scope of the recently released report that presents findings from NSP Outcomes Evaluation.
- Participants will be able to describe NSP participants and their experiences with and impressions of the program.
- Liz Gearan, Mathematica Policy Research, Cambridge MA
- James Mabli, Mathematica Policy Research, Cambridge MA
- Heather Menne, Administration for Community Living, Washington DC
- Holly Greuling, Administration for Community Living, Washington DC
Date: September 14, 2017
Registration Fee: FREE
Watch the webinar