- 50 percent fruits and vegetables;
- 25 percent grains, many of which are whole grains; and
- 25 percent protein-rich foods such as nuts, beans, fish, lean meat, poultry, and fat-free and low-fat dairy products such as milk, cheeses, and yogurts.
The new MyPlate for Older Adults icon also includes images of good sources of fluid, such as water, milk, tea, soup, and coffee; heart-healthy fats such as vegetable oils and soft margarines; and herbs and spices to be used in place of salt to lower sodium intake.
To find out more, click here: http://hnrca.tufts.edu/myplate/
- Author: Jean Mayer U. S. Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging
- Publisher: Jean Mayer U. S. Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging
- Posted: March 9, 2016
- Type: Other Resources