The National Resource Center on Nutrition and Aging as a part of a Building the Business Capacity of Senior Nutrition Programs initiative has once again selected eight senior nutrition programs from across the country, to receive grants of $10,000 each to support the development or expansion of opportunities to market Meals on Wheels and other services to healthcare entities.
This second Business Acumen Learning Collaborative will similarly strengthen the business capacity of the participating Senior Nutrition Programs and align their service capabilities to prepare to negotiate contracts with healthcare entities, either directly or as a part of a community-based network and to help improve the sustainability of their programs. By participating in a national learning collaborative, these programs will build upon the collective knowledge and experience of nutrition programs in the healthcare space.
There is an ongoing need for Meals on Wheels programs to expand services that can meet the nutrition, health, and social needs of this growing older adult population. The technical assistance provided by the National Resource Center on Nutrition and Aging will help senior nutrition programs build skills and align service capabilities so they can build business relationships with healthcare entities that do not typically provide community-based long-term services and supports, like hospitals, health systems, accountable care organizations, and managed/integrated care plans.
These organizations have been selected to participate in the 2016 – 2017 NRCNA Learning Collaborative are:
- Community Emergency Service, Minneapolis MN
- Elmview Senior Nutrition, Ellensburg, WA
- Meals on Wheels Northwest Indiana, Merrillville, IN
- Minuteman Senior Services, Bedford, MA
- Meals on Wheels of Greater Pittsburg, Pittsburg, PA
- Southern Maine Agency on Aging, Scarborough, ME
- St Joseph Community Services, Inc, Merrimack, NH
- Visiting Nurses Association-Meals on Wheels, Dallas, TX
They will join the following organizations who last year, were selected to participate in the 2015 – 2016 NRCNA Learning Collaborative:
- Davidson County Senior Services, Lexington, NC
- Senior Connections, The Capital Area Agency on Aging, Richmond, VA
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of St. Cloud, St. Cloud, MN
- Christian Senior Services, San Antonio, TX
- New Opportunities, Inc., Waterbury, CT
- Meals on Wheels and Senior Outreach Services, Walnut Creek, CA
- LifeCare Alliance, Columbus, OH
- Greater Spokane County Meals On Wheels, Spokane, WA