This webinar provided participants an overview of the National Institute on Aging’s Go4Life® campaign, focusing on the educational, instructional, and motivational tools it uses to encourage adults 50+ to make exercise and physical activity a part of their daily lives. The webinar will also include data and video from recent pilot tests of a new Go4Life workshop in which participants are motivated to become more physically active by personalizing the connection between regular exercise and staying independent.
After participating in this webinar, participants learned:
- About the National Institute on Aging’s Go4Life exercise and physical activity campaign for older adults and its evidence-based educational, instructional, and motivational components;
- The 4 types of exercises older adults should regularly engage in;
- The barriers to exercise older adults face and learn about current and future ways to Go4Life can help address some of those barriers; and
- The range of free materials and information available from Go4Life.
- Stephanie Dailey, Senior Public Affairs Specialist at the National Institute on Aging (NIA)
Downloads and Webinar Recording
Go4Life Campaign Resources:
2017 Go4Life Month Resources. The theme is “Move More with Go4LIfe!” – each week in September will be devoted to one of the four exercise types: endurance, strength, balance and flexibility.
- Go4Life Month Toolkit contains suggestions for ways older adults can step up their physical activity, workout videos, tip sheets and more.
- Celebrate Go4Life Month 2017! is an upbeat and dynamic video offering motivation and lots of ways older adults can become just a bit more active during each week of the month.
- Go4Life Month flyer is available to print out, display, and hand out.
- Social media messages to share on your platform(s) of choice.
Note: select resources are available in Spanish as well as in English.