This webinar showcased the newly released Hunger in Older Adults: Challenges and Opportunities for the Aging Network report. This report reviewed the variety of food assistance programs and how leaders and advocates in the aging, nutrition, hunger sectors can work collaboratively to more effectively address the needs of vulnerable seniors..
In this training, participants learned to:
- Understand the physical, functional and social determinants that place older adults at risk of hunger and food insecurity;
- Learn about the nutrition assistance, advocacy, health and social organizations that address the nutrition and food insecurity concerns of older adults; and
- Identify a range of strategies and tactics that local, state and national leaders and advocates can use at to address service gaps, maintain current programs and develop new or better interventions.
- Beth Landon, Vice President, Community Services, CareLink, North Little Rock, AR
- Allison Bernal, Chief Nutritionist, Georgia Department of Human Services, Atlanta GA
- Jean Lloyd, Consultant, Nutrition and Aging
Downloads and Webinar Recording
Hunger in Older Adults Report: Summary and Executive Report: http://www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org/hunger-in-older-adults
NRCNA Malnutrition in Older Adults Resource Collection: http://nutritionandaging.org/malnutrition
NCOA Community Malnutrition Resource Hub: https://www.ncoa.org/center-for-healthy-aging/resourcehub/
AARP Food Security and Health: http://www.aarp.org/aarp-foundation/our-work/hunger/
Defeat Malnutrition Today: http://www.defeatmalnutrition.today/