Several strategies employed by Benefits Data Trust to help people in need access public benefits include:
• Using credit card marketing strategies.
• Partnering with state agencies to target and identify eligible individuals.
• Employing direct marketing outreach.
• Providing assistance through a call center model.
• Ensuring thorough follow-up and completion of applications.
• Evaluating processes and procedures.
• Making corrective changes as indicated.
A few lessons learned when implementing this new model include:
• Be adaptable to changing clients.
• Be adaptable to traditional and non-traditional partners.
• Make new connections.
• Continually assess whether projects are meeting established needs.
• Continually assess for areas of potential improvement.
• Be flexible, persistent and malleable in working with state agencies.
• Invest in technology and focus on customer service.
• Consider return on investment in your funding strategy.
• Leverage resources to maximize returns and stay competitive.