Sponsored by: NCOA and Illuminage
Gain a better knowledge of social isolation along with some helpful resources to expand your community outreach. What is the difference between social isolation and loneliness? How does isolation effect certain populations? How can your senior center reach more isolated individuals?
A core mission of senior centers has always been to provide opportunities for social interaction and to prevent social isolation. In addition to providing a wide range of programs and services we’ll take a look at how some senior centers specifically address community outreach.
Participating in this webinar will give you:
- A better understanding of social isolation, loneliness, and how they affect older adults
- A better understanding of the importance of senior centers in preventing social isolation
- Outreach examples and resources used by senior center professionals to connect with isolated older adults
- Maureen O’Leary, Program Manager, National Institute of Senior Centers
- Conor F. McGovern, Senior Research Associate, Economic Security