You may have heard a lot about the benefits of Creative Aging, but what do you really need to know in order to start offering this socially-engaging, community-based art education programming in your community? Lifetime Arts, the national leader in promoting the inclusion of professional arts programs in organizations that serve older adults—and the newest partner in the engAGED Resource Center, will introduce you to the process from inception to sustainability.
Attendees will gain knowledge that will help them to:
● Seek out appropriate community partners;
● Survey older adults in their service area;
● Assess your facility for possible offerings across arts disciplines;
● Approach funders with confidence, armed with real budget numbers and evidence of outcomes;
● Understand the role of the teaching artist and how to find and hire the right one;
● Market and promote Creative Aging workshops and register participants;
● Evaluate the workshops that you offer; and
● Understand possible approaches toward sustainability.