On behalf of The Rockefeller Foundation, the Center for Health Law & Policy Innovation of Harvard Law School, and Food and Society at the Aspen Institute, we are excited to announce an upcoming webinar entitled Produce Rx: Addressing Inequity and Promoting Health During the Pandemic and Beyond. The webinar will be hosted on Tuesday, June 9th from 12:00-1:30 pm EST.
The COVID-19 pandemic has reinforced the importance of the connection between the food we eat and our health and resiliency. As food insecurity rates skyrocket across the country, people are increasingly seeking ways to access the foods they need to remain healthy and out of our strained health care systems. Fruit and vegetable prescription programs (“Produce Rx”) offer a powerful solution.
Join us on Tuesday, June 9th to learn what Produce Rx programs have to offer, hear from clinicians and health care payers about why these programs are so important, and discuss opportunities to scale and integrate Produce Rx programs to address the food and health inequities being deepened by the pandemic.
Hosted by Sarah Downer, the Associate Director for Whole Person Care at the Center for Health Law & Policy Innovation, this webinar brings together an exciting mix of speakers, including:
- Alyssa Auvinen, Washington State Department of Health
- Andrea Talhami, DC Greens
- Cissie Bonini, Vouchers 4 Veggies – EatSF
- Corby Kummer, Food and Society Program, Aspen Institute
- Dariush Mozaffarian, Friedman School of Nutrition Science & Policy and Tufts School of Medicine, Tufts University
- Ileana Vink, DukeWELL
- Jackie Fangonilo, Mission Neighborhood Health Center
- Katie Garfield, Center for Health Law & Policy Innovation, Harvard Law School
- Neal Curran, Reinvestment Partners
- Ryan Springer, AmeriHealth Caritas