New research on the role of parenteral nutrition (both supplemental and exclusive) has been published since the 2016 ASPEN/SCCM guidelines were released. This free webinar will review the PN recommendations outlined in the ASPEN/SCCM guidelines and discuss the new literature on the role of parenteral nutrition in patient care and outcomes. The speakers will also address if/how this research has impacted the use of parenteral nutrition in the critically ill patient.
- Review the methodology and development of the ASPEN/SCCM guidelines for critically ill adults
- Outline the ASPEN/SCCM guidelines for protein and parenteral nutrition (for both exclusive and supplemental use)
- Review the new literature that has impacted practice regarding protein and PN since the release of the 2016 ASPEN/SCCM guidelines
- Translate recent research to evidence-based practice for use of protein and parenteral nutrition in the critically ill patient (both for exclusive and supplemental PN use)
- Address issues of shortage, and under-dosing